Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blizzard: Valve trademarking "Dota" was "not the right thing to do"

Default Blizzard: Valve trademarking "Dota" was "not the right thing to do"

Blizzard grumpy about Valve trademarking DotA

Apparently it just “doesn’t seem the right thing to do”

The Legendary Troll Hunter OmegaFenix's Avatar

I might be mistaken but hasn't Blizzard abandoned the modding community.... I mean just the other day I read somewhere that Diablo 3 wont have any moding support come release.
    I dont know enough about the SC2 scene to know if they have modding.
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

SC2 modding is alive Omega.
    Just check blizzcon they have a few official mods coming out and one was the dota there a few others can't remember there names now but yeah its starting to trickle.
    Its going to take a while for anything to good to come out from it since its pretty new.
    Evil meet my Sword. Sword, meet Evil!

Quote Originally Posted by Crzwaco View Post
    SC2 modding is alive Omega.
    Just check blizzcon they have a few official mods coming out and one was the dota there a few others can't remember there names now but yeah its starting to trickle.
    Its going to take a while for anything to good to come out from it since its pretty new.
    Oh ok then, forgive my ignorance in this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    I personally can't really give a rodents bumhole that Blizzard is grumpy about this. I'm actually glad Valve took this one because I'm not so amped about waiting 10 years for DOTA 2. Don't know about you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by to0kenZA View Post
    I personally can't really give a rodents bumhole that Blizzard is grumpy about this. I'm actually glad Valve took this one because I'm not so amped about waiting 10 years for DOTA 2. Don't know about you guys?
    +100000000
    My ignore list: growing too fast to keep updating.

Quote Originally Posted by to0kenZA View Post
    I want Episode 3 or Half-life 3... dont care about the rest

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaFenix22 View Post
    I want Episode 3 or Half-life 3... dont care about the rest
    Yes, do do all of us- but at least Valve can work on more than one project at a time and they don't take years and years to finish them either. Ok, that's not the case with Episode 3, but I trust that it's going to be really, really awesome. Something amazing is brewing there, I reckon and that's why they are taking so long. Please don't let me be wrong Valve...

To us, that means that you're really taking it away from the Blizzard and Warcraft III community and that just doesn't seem the right thing to do
    I lol'd hard. What he is actually saying is that Bobby kotdick isn't going to let this slide in the next couple of board meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by Maplassie View Post
    I lol'd hard. What he is actually saying is that Bobby kotdick isn't going to let this slide in the next couple of board meetings.
    Exactly! Muahahaha!