Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blizzard's five-year plan leaked

Cool Blizzard's five-year plan leaked

Reveals Starcraft II expansions, Diablo III and Titan releases.

Documents containing MMOG giant Blizzard’s plans for 2010 to 2014 have leaked onto the internet, detailing a release schedule containing expansions for Starcraft II, the long-awaited Diablo III and a new game, codenamed Titan.

The leak to MMOGameSite is believed to have originated from Blizzard’s offices in China and has been followed by the departure of general manager Ye Weilun.

The release schedule suggests Diablo III will debut in the fourth quarter of 2011, with Starcraft II getting an expansion and its Phoenix campaign during the same period. A further Starcraft II expansion is due in Q1 2013, with Diablo III expansions set for release in 2013 and 2014.

Sam Raimi’s World Of Warcraft movie is slated for release in Q4 2012, with a fourth expansion for the game slated for release in Q2 2012. If the schedule is correct the game’s fifth expansion pack will follow in Q4 2013.

Perhaps the biggest news is the appearance of Titan at the end of the schedule, which is potentially Blizzard's next MMOG. Other than it's set for release in Q4 2013, nothing else is known about this project.

MMOGameSite claim the leak also contains “a detailed list of its global subscriber database, company’s revenues, commercial budgets and media packages” and reports that Paul Sams, COO of Blizzard Global, will be in Shanghai next week ahead of a mooted reshuffle of the firm’s Chinese operation.

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/blizzar...-plan-leaked:D
    There is a Hell, Believe me, I've seen it. If there was a Heaven, I'd keep it a secret

Quote Originally Posted by ZenbaaS View Post
    Diablo 3 in 2011...? Bring it!
    In Q4 though...
    T A N S T A A F L

SC II expansion in 2013? LOL, by that time we're riding in flying cars.

Quote Originally Posted by to0kenZA View Post
    SC1 stuck around long enough. Same for WC3. So its not that unreasonable.

Cant wait for WARCRAFT 4. Plus minus 8 years to go en-counting... haha
    There is a Hell, Believe me, I've seen it. If there was a Heaven, I'd keep it a secret

Quote Originally Posted by czc View Post
    In Q4 though...
    BUT not in 2012

Quote Originally Posted by to0kenZA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Damienalexi View Post
    The release schedule suggests Diablo III will debut in the fourth quarter of 2011, with Starcraft II getting an expansion and its Phoenix campaign during the same period. A further Starcraft II expansion is due in Q1 2013, with Diablo III expansions set for release in 2013 and 2014.
    Expansion and next campaign in Q4 2011. No info on the third campaign tho.

No idea what SC2 Phoenix is. I'm assuming that the expansion is meant to be the Zerg campaign, which is called Heart of the Swarm.

I am wondering about Blizzard releasing two games at the same time though. Doing that will hurt sales, simply because most people won't be able to afford 2 games at the same time. Moreso if the second campaign is priced similar to the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin View Post
    Expansion and next campaign in Q4 2011. No info on the third campaign tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by HavocXphere View Post
    SC1 stuck around long enough. Same for WC3. So its not that unreasonable.
    Sorry, was actually referring to the second one. It's just mad to think that it's so far away! 2 years from now is a looooong time, man. Anyway, I'm just happy D3 is coming out end of next year for sure.

Even that seems like an eternity of waiting :/