Telkom has released its group interim results for the six months ended 30 September 2017.
The results show that it has, through Openserve, drastically increased the number of homes in South Africa which have access to its fibre network.
The company also increased capital expenditure on fibre in the past year, which stood at R1.1 billion – up 26.7% compared to the previous year.
“Openserve continued its investment in the fibre market, underpinned by our strategy to modernise the network, resulting in more than 2.4 million premises passed with fibre,” said Telkom.
“The consumer market benefited through our focused deployment approach, resulting in 73,710 homes connected with fibre. This translates to an overall active connectivity rate of 24.5%.”
Telkom’s results revealed the following network numbers:
- Ports activated via MSAN access – up 10.6% to 1,413,594
- Homes connected to fibre – 73,710
- Fibre to the home – up 107.9% to 300,506
- Fibre to the cabinet – up 16.2% to 2,123,523
- Mobile sites integrated – 3,445
- LTE sites integrated – 1,945