Can’t afford that faaaaabulous living room extreme makeover for your house in Whiterun? The adventure business just isn’t turning much of a profit?
As it happens, there’s this skeleton out near the Sightless Pit on the way over to Azura’s Shrine who has a seemingly infinite supply of copies of The Doors of Oblivion, a novel worth 50 gold.
Just think of it as book farming, and you’ll feel a lot less guilty about it.
Here’s an in-depth tutorial by YouTuber Motherofgod4 showing exactly how to become a pro… book farmer. It’s the next big thing, I tell you.
Or, in bullet form:
• Fast Travel to Winterhold.
• Go south / southeast along the path, and up the mountain towards the Sightless Pit.
• Go up and around the Sightless Pit towards the stone pillar.
• There’s a skeleton lying in front of the altar.
• Grab the boots and shield on the floor in front of the altar.
• Destroy the skeletons.
• Loot the skeleton in front of the altar for the Doors of Oblivion.
• Sell the books at any general goods shop and do it all over again.
And when you’re bored of doing that, try putting a bucket over an NPC’s head.
If they don’t see you stealing, you’re not going to get caught.
… I loled.Forum discussion