Ahead of the game’s launch next month, Ubisoft has confirmed the PC specs for Assassin’s Creed III, so that you can make sure you’re adequately prepared to stab your way through the American Revolution. Remember, it’s a retcon simulation of the American Revolution provided by Abstergo Industries, and if your PC isn’t up to par, everything could go wrong and you could accidentally change reality as you know it today.
This is important stuff, people. Don’t be the guy responsible for England winning the war. In that case, this game might not ever even have been made, and you’d be caught in a self-accreting black hole on the time-space continuum forever. You don’t want that to happen.
Minimum System Requirements
- Supported OS: Windows Vista (SP2) / Windows 7 (SP1) / Windows 8
- Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core2 Duo E6700 or 3.00 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ or better recommended
- RAM: 2 GB (4 GB recommended)
- Video Card: 512 MB DirectX 9.0c-compliant with Shader Model 4.0 or higher (see supported list)*
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c-compliant (5.1 surround sound recommended)
- DVD-ROM: Dual-layer drive
- Hard Drive Space: 17 GB
- Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)
- Multiplayer: 256 kbps or faster broadband connection
Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
- AMD Radeon HD 3870 / 4000 / 5000 / 6000 / 7000 series or better
- NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT / 9 / 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 series or better
- Laptop versions of these cards may work, but are not supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game.
Read more about Assassin’s Creed III, which is out on 31 October for PS3 and Xbox 360, and 23 November for PC.