BenQ Middle East and Africa (MEA) has launched the XL2420T and XL2420TX monitors in South Africa. These are the company’s flagship gaming monitors which they claim are designed for professional and competitive FPS (First-Person Shooter) games.
According to a BenQ representative, a local RRP and distribution channel is yet to be finalised. The current RRP for both models is US$399.00. The BenQ rep did say that the monitors will be available very soon in SA.
Features include a 120Hz 3D display panel, 2ms GTG response time, and 12M:1 dynamic contrast ratio. The monitors support NVIDIA 3D Vision 2 and NVIDIA 3D LightBoost technology. A 3D IR emitter is built-in and the monitors come standard with a NVIDIA 3D Vision 2 Glasses Kit.
BenQ has also crammed in some of its own features, as per the press stuff:
- Black eQualizer
- Allows gamers to brighten the image display without over-exposing white levels, while the Black eQualizer reveals critical combat details with improved visibility in darkened areas to enable gamers to screen critical combat details speedily with added gameplay comfort.
- S Switch
- A stylish remote controller that enables the user to swiftly switch between customised display settings for gaming as well as entertainment. The scroll button even allows users to quickly navigate and change the OSD setting.
- Display Mode
- To accommodate individual viewing preferences and requirements, the Display Mode allows gamers to interchange between monitor screen sizes from 17” (4:3), 19” (4:3), 19”W (16:10), 21.5”W (16:9), 22”W (16:10), 23W”(16:9) to 24W” (16:9), as the Smart Scaling feature gives them the freedom to manually scale the screen to any custom size.
- Two variations to the preset FPS mode
- Both tailored by leading expert gamers, the FPS1 mode is designed to configure and optimise the display for Counter-Strike 1.6 and the FPS2 mode for Counter-Strike Source as recommended by BenQ. With these specialised preset modes offering optimal brightness, contrast, sharpness and colour tint, gamers are provided with the vantage point to spot and track their opponents’ every move, even in indistinct situations.
- Game Mode Loader
- An online platform that stores gaming presets used by not only pro gamers, but also international gaming legends. Users can install these exclusive presets and leverage them to their advantage. They can also take the extra step to save them onto the S Switch for quick access.
BenQ states that the new XL Series models are co-developed by core product developers and well-known gamers from across the globe.
BenQ MEA managing director Manish Bakshi said that the launch of the new range of monitors signifies the company’s commitment to developing cutting-edge pro gaming monitors with advanced features that assist local pro gamers in taking their gaming performance to the next level. “Gaming is in the details, and with the XL2410T becoming a grand success last year, we simply could not wait to get started on adding even more thoughts to the XL Series design.”
“With more and more gaming leagues, tournaments, launch-parties and gaming expos taking place locally, BenQ will be sure to make these monitors available for South African gamers to test and experience. We’re very excited to hear what South African gamers will say about the enhancements we’ve added this time”, said Bakshi.