Kalahari has put up its pre-order pricing for the 32GB Wii U console plus ZombiU bundle, coming in at R4,799. The Nintendo Wii U console will be hitting South African retail on 30 November 2012.
Nintendo SA should soon be confirming official recommended retail pricing on the Nintendo Wii U .
The bundle includes:
- 1 x Zombi U Game
- 1 x Wii U GamePad (Black)
- 1 x Wii U Pro Controller (Black)
- 1 x Wii U GamePad Stylus
- 1 x Sensor Bar
- 1 X Wii U Console AC Adapter
- 1 x Wii U GamePad AC Adapter
- 1 x HDMI Cable
The Wii U has a pretty impressive line-up of games on launch day and in the months surrounding launch.
Wii U Launch day titles
- New Super Mario Wii U
- Nintendo Land
- FIFA 13
- Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
- Nano Assault Neo
- Rayman Legends
- Trine 2: Director’s Cut
- Toki Tori 2
Wii U Launch window titles
- Aliens: Colonial Marines
- Assassin’s Creed III
- Batman: Arkham City Armoured Edition
- Darksiders 2
- Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
- Game & Wario
- Game Party Champions
- Just Dance 4
- LEGO City: Undercover
- Madden NFL 13
- Marvel Avengers: Battle For Earth
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
- NBA 2K13
- Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge
- Rabbids Land
- Rise of the Guardians
- Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
- Scribblenauts Unlimited
- SiNG Party
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
- Sports Connection
- Tank! Tank! Tank!
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition
- Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
- Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013
Wii U Hardware
- Launches: December 2012.
- Price: Premium – 31,500 Yen; Basic – 26,250 Yen.
- Size: Approximately 1.8 inches high, 10.5 inches deep and 6.8 inches long.
- Weight: Approximately 3.41 pounds (1.5 kg).
- Appearance: The new console features a compact design that will make it a natural addition to any home entertainment setup.
- Wii U GamePad:The Wii U GamePad controller incorporates a 6.2-inch, 16:9 aspect ratio LCD touch screen, as well as traditional button controls and two analog sticks. Inputs include a +Control Pad, L/R sticks, L/R stick buttons, A/B/X/Y buttons, L/R buttons, ZL/ZR buttons, Power button, HOME button, -/SELECT button, +/START button, and TV CONTROL button.
- The GamePad also includes motion control (powered by an accelerometer, gyroscope and geomagnetic sensor), a front-facing camera, a microphone, stereo speakers, rumble features, a sensor bar, an included stylus and support for Near Field Communication (NFC) functionality. It is powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery and weighs approximately 1.1 pounds (500 g).
- Other Controllers: The Wii U console is capable of supporting two Wii U GamePads, up to four Wii Remote (or Wii Remote Plus) controllers or Wii U Pro Controllers, and Wii accessories such as the Nunchuk, Classic Controller and Wii Balance Board.
- CPU: IBM Power-based multi-core processor.
- GPU: AMD Radeon-based High Definition GPU.
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: Wii U uses an internal flash memory. It also supports SD memory cards and external USB storage. The console comes with two internal storage options, 8GB and 32GB.
- Media: Wii U and Wii optical discs.
- Video Output: Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, Wii D-Terminal, Wii Component Video, Wii RGB, Wii S-Video Stereo AV and Wii AV.
- Audio Output: Uses six-channel PCM linear output via HDMI connector, or analog output via the AV Multi Out connector.
- Networking: Wii U can access the Internet via wireless (IEEE 802.11b/g/n) connection. The console features four USB 2.0 connectors – two in the front and two in the rear – that support Wii LAN Adapters.
- Wii Compatibility: Nearly all Wii software and accessories can be used with Wii U.
Wii U Features
The Wii U also adds a variety of non-gaming features.
- Miiverse:Miiverse is a brand-new network communication system that lets gamers from around the world share experiences, discuss games and discover new content.
- Using their personalized Mii character, players enter Miiverse and see games, applications or entertainment content that either they have interacted with recently, expressed interest in learning more about or that their friends are using or discussing. From here they can challenge their friends to play together, ask a question about a difficult level or discover new elements of their favorite games they never knew existed. After a notable achievement or other share-worthy moment, players can pause their game or application and seamlessly post messages to the Miiverse community.
- TV Remote: Using infrared communication, the Wii U GamePad may also function as a TV remote, whether users are watching TV or playing a game.
- Near Field Communication: The Wii U GamePad has the ability to communicate wirelessly with objects that are (NFC): held above it. This allows for a variety of interesting new possibilities for games and activities.
- Nintendo eShop: The digital storefront for Wii U will be available at launch and offer a variety of content for people to download and enjoy. Consumers will also be able to purchase and download select games that are also available at retail stores.
- Video Entertainment: Netflix, Amazon, YouTube and Hulu are all developing applications for the Wii U that take advantage of the integrated second-screen experience. Additional details will be released at a later time.
- Video Chat: Using the built-in camera of the Wii U GamePad controller, people can communicate with other Wii U owners in real time.
- Internet Browser: Wii U comes with a browser that lets people with a wireless Internet connection surf the Internet from the comfort of their couches.
Catch up on all the Nintendo Wii U news.