The Behemoth’s Hatty, and Hatty’s nameless friends, are back with BattleBlock Theater confirmed for a PC release on Steam later this year. While the exact date remains a mystery at this stage, a closed beta will be held from 24 to 31 March with prospective players encouraged to sign up.
“BattleBlock Theater Steam (version) is going to manifest moments in your mind you never thought would be possible. Don’t believe us? Try the game yourself,” the The Behemoth’s blog dares.
According to the makers, “new features” for the game include:
- Weapon switching! Players can now switch between a primary and secondary weapon in game!
- New Cat Guard enemies throughout Story Mode.
- Steam Workshop integration for sharing user created levels.
- Steam Inventory integration for trading! This allows users to trade and sell weapons, prisoners, gems and yarn via Steam.
- X input, Direct Input, and Keyboard/Mouse support.
Check out the game trailer below, which also happens to be the funniest video on the internet today.