Hey, Watch Dogs fans with a buggy game, your prayers have been answered – Ubisoft is releasing a patch for the open-world hacker.
Ubisoft made the announcement on its forums, apologising to those who have been affected by any of the game’s “issues” and thanking gamers for their “patience”.
“The patch [is] available for download on the PlayStation 4. PlayStation 3 will be available shortly. For PC, the patch will be available in the coming days. For Xbox One and Xbox 360, the patch will be released within the next week. We’ll keep you updated on all progress,” said the US Forum Manager.
The official patch comes a day after modder TheWorse found and unlocked files in the PC version of the game which improved the visuals and performance of Watch Dogs.
As you can see from the patch details below, the PC version of the game got the most attention.
The fixes included in the patch are:
Major Game Fixes
- Automatically reconstructed corrupted save files which prevented loading to go further than 90%. Some collectibles may remain unrecoverable.
- Fixed the issue preventing players from using hacks in game.
- Fixed several mission-breaking bugs.
- Fixed minor mission and item-related issues.
- Fixed the issue that caused the empty weapon-wheel.
- Fixed several minor respawn issues.
- Fixed some connection and session joining issues.
PC Specific Fixes
- Fixed graphical glitches on Low and Medium settings.
- Fixed some crashes on SLI configurations.
- Implemented several performance improvements.
- Implemented a few control improvements.
- Fixed issues causing infinite messaging and timing-out when trying to access the Online Shop from the Extras Menu while Uplay is set to Offline mode.
- Fixed issues connecting to a Multiplayer game.
- Implemented several mouse modifications.
- Fixed “Drinking Game” control issue where wrong information was displayed when played with a gamepad.
- Fixed “Chess Game” control issue.
- Fixed bug where the invasion setting was never saved.
- Fixed graphical issues during cut scenes and cinematics.
- Fixed several graphical and texture bugs.
- Removed Vista OS check to prevent false positives.
- Added game version in main menu.
Is this too little too late for Watch Dog gamers? Let us know in the comments and forum.