Sony was in no mood to be overshadowed by Microsoft at Gamescom 2014, and made sure they stepped up to the plate come press conference time.
Here are the highlights from Sony’s presser.
Bloodborne gets first gameplay trailer
From Software are determined to make games that you are afraid to play with the lights off, with Bloodborne serving up terrifying creatures and lots of blood. This third-person RPG is looking good.
New games debuted
Sony used its press briefing, as one would expect, to annonuce a few new games. Here are some of the the titles that were shown off for the first time.
- WiLD – the new title from Michel Ancel, the creator of Rayman and Beyond Good & Evil
- The Tomorrow Children – PixelJunk studio Q-Games returns with an eccentric new title for PS4
- Alienation – Dead Nation/Resogun studio Housemarque return with a frenetic sci-fi shooter
- Tearaway Unfolded – Media Molecule’s acclaimed PS Vita adventure comes to PS4 in a special expanded edition
- Hellblade – new title from Heavenly Sword/DmC studio Ninja Theory
Far Cry 4 exclusive content and Day Z for PS4
The PlayStation versions Far Cry 4 will have the exclusive Keys to Kyrat feature which allows you to invite a friend to play co-op via the PlayStation Network, even if they do not have the game.
When purchasing the Ubisoft shooter for PS3 or PS4, you will get 10 Keys to Kyrat – each key lets your mate play with you for up to 2 hours.
Sony also announced that survival-horror title DayZ is coming to the PS4 in the near future.
Sony has sold 10 million PlayStation 4s
That’s right, Sony confirmed its has sold, not shipped, actually sold 10 million PS4s to consumers. Not too shabby for a console that is less than a year old.
New game footage
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
inFAMOUS First Light
The Order 1886