With the latest Fallout 4 news such as the fact that there’s real Nuka-Cola and that Microsoft isn’t worried about the game affecting sales of Rise of the Tomb Raider, the biggest revelations has got to be all of the Fallout 4 leaks.
As of this moment, we’re seeing a slew of new leaks, which means fans are having a field day.
The hype is building, so lets take a look at some of these leaks. Please be warned that some of these leaks will inadvertently spoil the game for you.
Reddit – where the nuclear blast started
Most of the information relates to perks, weapons and so forth. You can read more below:
- No weapon CONDITION confirmed.
- The power armor needs a fusion core to run. (!!!) They NOW seem to run out as there’s a perk related to its duration.
- When in power armor our carry weight threshold and our resistance are way higher but we are much slower. We can enter buildings with the PA without any problem.
- We’ll get a message or notification when our settlements are under attack. We have to manage the population, food, security, water…If we let one of our settlements be assaulted we will lose some of our people.
- NEW PERK (LUCK 6): “You’re not idiot…! Just different. Randomly receive three times EXP (experience points) for any action. The lower your intelligence, the greater the chance”
- NEW PERK (END 9): Ghoul: “Of course, you are still human…Externally! Now radiation regenerates health.”
- NEW PERK (STR 10):Pain Train: ” Choo choo! All aboard! If you are equipped with a Power Armor, sprint to the enemies to bash them and hurt them. Robotic and huge enemies wont bash.”
- NEW PERK (PER 7): Reflect: “You are like a mirror! Get +10 resistance to energy damage.”
- NEW PERK (INT 9): Nuclear physicist: “You have learnt to split the atom…and master it! Radiation weapons do 50% more damage and fusion cores last 25% more.”
- In terms of dialogue, often we can choose between an aggressive or a diplomatic way. CHARISMA is key when we have to deal with some situations. It seems that WE CAN’T go back in the dialogue to choose another option. (e g if you decide to choose a theme of conversation you can have other themes cut off.)
- Now some dialogue options are colored to indicate the chance of success depending on our charisma level (red, orange, green).
- Confirmed NO HARDCORE mode (thirst/hunger/fatigue). The only difference between the six modes (from very easy to survival) apart from the obvious damage dealt/received multiplier, is the higher the difficulty the greater the chance to find LEGENDARY ENEMIES with a star in their avatar. They are though and more likely to have unique loot than normal enemies.
- Stealth mode is similar to Skyrim but much more improved according to the tester. Lots of perks related to stealth and theft.
- NEW type of weapon damage: RADIATION.
- In character creation we CAN’T choose our height but we CAN modify our body type.
- COVER SYSTEM is contextual. We don’t have to press any button, just walk towards the object we want to cover with (wall,car…) then when we aim we expose ourselves. Similar to MGS TPP as far as I’ve seen.
- Loading screens are very similar to Skyrim ones. World objects rotating followed by some information about game mechanics and lore.
- New radio song already seen in FO3 (Johnny Guitar???): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-iEh2E07Uc
- We are able to sprint and jump while in PA. Not as slow as we thought.
Gameplay to get you ready for the Wasteland
If you’re more interested in some actual gameplay footage you can check out the videos below.
These videos were found on a Pastebin link. Apparently the gameplay footage is sourced from the Xbox One version of Fallout 4.
Perks and controls – because you’re S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
Desamona had this to say about the leak:
I looked through all the leaked gameplay footage, and extracted all the PERK information. I’ve condensed the wording of each PERK rank a bit, for brevity, as I wanted to use the chart to decide how to build my character. I thought perhaps others might find it useful as well. I am also assuming that someone very soon will place everything from the leaked footage on ORCZ or Vault 111, so I’ve not been vigilant with wording, but it is accurate.
kjthemonarch’s videos of the Chart and ranks (THANK YOU, MAN) were fantastic. But part 1 was so fuzzy to read, that I was unable to add the lvl requirements for the ranks of the perks for SPECIAL levels 1-5. But, they are there for the rest.
It’s now late, PST time, and I need sleep before work. Apologies if there are typos. Also, Dropbox is the handiest thing within thinking distance I have for sharing right now. If there are issues, I’ll fix tomorrow. Enjoy, everyone & Goodnight.
Information related to the control scheme was also uncovered for the Xbox One version of Fallout 4 due to the help section in the Fallout 4 Smart Glass app.
The default Xbox One control scheme is as follows:
LB – VATS
RB – Bash / Power Attack / [hold] for Grenade
LT – Aim / Block
RT – Attack
Back – Toggle POV
Start – Pause
L – Move
L – [click] Sprint
R – Look
R – [click] Sneak
Y – Jump
B – Pipboy
X – Ready / Reload
A – Activate P
AD – Favorites
PAD + A – Select Favorite
Screenshots – may cause radiation poisoning
Now time for some leaked screenshots from the PS4 version of Fallout 4 to show you how pretty the game is, even on console.
With all these leaks, we can’t help but even be more excited for the release of Fallout 4 ourselves.
Fallout 4 releases for PC, Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360 and PS3 on the 10th of November.
We have all our copies sorted out. What are your plans for Fallout 4?