Facebook has unveiled new tools to help people keep each other safe.
The new tools are:
- Mentorship and Support – mentees and mentors come together to connect with each other and progress through a guided programme.
- Eliminating nonprofit fees – 100% of donations made through Facebook payments to nonprofits will go to the organisations.
- Facebook Donations Fund – $50 million annual fund for 2018 to help communities recover from disaster by direct contributions.
- Charitable giving tools expansion – people can create fundraisers.
- Fundraisers API – people can sync their off-Facebook fundraising to their Facebook fundraisers.
- Community Help API – disaster response organisations can access Community Help data.
- Blood donations feature – connecting blood banks and hospitals to donors through blood donation events.