The avid Pokemon GO players amongst you may have noticed a small change to the game in a recent update.
The footprint tracker which determined how close a nearby Pokemon was to your person has been removed entirely.
This follows a recent update for Pokemon GO on iOS and Android that brings along a host of other changes including new designs, animations and Pokemon statistics.
So why are people upset?
Although the footprint tracker often had issues (including often permanently showing three footprints no matter where you moved), many consider this as a step too far, as there is now no indicator of how close a Pokemon is.
You can check out the full update changelog below:
- Avatars can now be re-customized from the Trainer profile screen
- Adjusted battle move damage values for some Pokémon
- Refined certain Gym animations
- Improved memory issues
- Removed footprints of nearby Pokémon
- Modified battle damage calculation
- Various bug fixes during wild Pokémon encounter
- Updated Pokémon details screen
- Updated achievement medal images
- Fixed issues with displaying certain map features
- Minor text fixes
Are you for or against Pokemon Go’s footprints? Let us know in the comments below and in our forums.