Blizzard has outlined the standards used for signing professional players in the Overwatch League.
The Overwatch League is an official Blizzard-backed eSports tournament which focuses on player and team stability.
All players competing in the league will need to sign the Overwatch League Player Agreement, which entitles them to the following benefits from their respective teams:
- One-year guaranteed contract with the option to extend the contract for an additional year.
- A minimum salary of $50,000 (R644,000) per year.
- Health insurance and a retirement savings plan.
- Teams will distribute at least 50% of their team performance bonuses to their players directly.
- Teams will provide housing and practice facilities for players.
The Overwatch League Season 1 will feature a $3.5-million prize pool, with the winning team receiving a minimum of $1 million.
There is no region locking in terms of the place of birth or home country of players.Forum discussion