Valve has unveiled the tech specs for the upcoming Steam Machine prototype which the company is building.
These are the specs which will be featured in the 300 machines which are sent out to lucky testers in late 2013:
- GPU: Some units with NVidia Titan, some GTX780, some GTX760, and some GTX660.
- CPU: Some boxes with Intel i7-4770, some i5-4570, and some i3.
- RAM: 16GB DDR3-1600 (CPU), 3GB DDR5 (GPU).
- Storage: 1TB/8GB Hybrid SSHD.
- Power Supply: Internal 450w 80Plus Gold.
- Dimensions: Approx. 12 x 12.4 x 2.9 in high.
“To be clear, this design is not meant to serve the needs of all of the tens of millions of Steam users. It may, however, be the kind of machine that a significant percentage of Steam users would actually want to purchase – those who want plenty of performance in a high-end living room package,” said Valve.
In September, the company said that they are working with multiple hardware partners to bring a variety of Steam Machines to market in 2014.