We recently asked MyGaming readers what they thought of this year’s Steam Summer sale.
The general consensus seemed to be that while happy with the discount and deals, gamers said they didn’t hold a candle to sales from previous years.
This criticism didn’t seem to bother Valve however, as this was Steam’s biggest Summer Sale yet according to new data released by SteamSpy.
Valve reportedly made a staggering $236 million compared to last year’s $160 million. Steam reportedly also sold an addition 4 million games from 2015, culminating in 37 million game purchases. Within a week.
You can check out the biggest sellers in the list below:
- Limbo – 1,128,836 sales
- Payday 2 – 526,380 sales
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive – 485,694 sales
- Age of Empires II – HD Edition – 373,651 sales
- Garry’s Mod – 349,877 sales
- Dead by Daylight – 286,966 sales
- Left 4 Dead 2 – 282,580 sales
- Doom – 260,172 sales
- Rocket League – 256,797 sales
- Grand Theft Auto 5 – 227,111 sales
What did you pick up during this year’s Steam Summer Sale? Let us know in the comments below and in our forums.