Sony’s PSN downtime apology content is now available, having gone live over the past weekend. James Gallagher, SCEE PlayStation blog manager updates us on the process of claiming the free games and PlayStation Plus subscription.
All PSN members who had signed up before the outage (April 21, 2011) will be able to select two free games for the PS3 and two free games for the PSP.
For PS3 owners, go to the ‘Welcome Back’ section in the PlayStation Store, and select 2 titles from the following list: *
– Little Big Planet – 2.21 GB
– infamous – 6.68 GB
– Wipeout HD + Fury – 1.8 GB
– Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty – 3.2GB
– Dead Nation – 1.39GB
*Some users are reporting different download sizes, but take these as a bare minimum indication.
For PSP owners, go to the ‘Welcome Back’ section of PlayStation Store on your PSP system and select 2 titles from the following list:
– LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
– ModNation Racers
– Pursuit Force
– Killzone Liberation
If you are registered on both the PS3 and the PSP PlayStation Services, then you have access to a total of four games.
How to claim your free games
– Go to PlayStation Store from the XMB
– Click on the Welcome Back banner on the Storefront or the Latest tab
– Go into the Welcome Back category and select the ‘PlayStation 3 Free Games’ item, and then select ‘Get Now’ on the following screen
– You will be taken back to the Welcome Back section where you will be able to select your two free games
– These instructions are applicable to both PS3 and PSP
Free PlayStation Plus access
Sony is giving PSN users who were non-PlaySation Plus subscribers before the PSN downtime 30 days access to the service. PlayStation Plus includes free games, discounts, exclusives and added features such as online storage and automatic downloads.
As with the games above, go to the PlayStation Store and under the ‘Welcome Back’ section, select ‘PlayStation Plus: 30 Days Free’, and you’ll be given access to all of the benefits of PlayStation Plus. Note that this will not auto-renew and simply expires 30 days after activation.
Current Plus subscribers have an extra 60 days added to their existing subscription at no charge. For current Plus subscribers, no action is needed as the 60 days have automatically been added to their subscription.
Another additional 10 days will be added to their subscription in a few days’ time to make up for the extended downtime.
PSN Welcome Back content is now available << Comments and views