Update: At around 08:10 on Wednesday, 24 January, the PSN Service Status page was updated to show all services as green.
There is an outage on PlayStation Network (PSN) affecting nearly all of the online services for the PlayStation 4.
Sony has acknowledged the outage on its PSN Service Status page, and only PlayStation Vue is showing as green.
According to Sony, you may have some difficulty with the following PSN functions:
- Signing in or creating an account on PlayStation Network.
- Launching games, applications, or online features.
- Accessing features and products on the PlayStation Store.
Less relevant to South Africans, the following PSN features are also offline:
- Streaming PlayStation Now games.
- Accessing PlayStation Video content.
- Accessing PlayStation™Music content.
“Our engineers are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible, and we thank you for your patience,” said Sony.