MyGaming is shutting down.
That was a difficult sentence to type. But there’s no sugar-coating it. This will be the last month MyGaming will be online.
This is the last post that graces the MyGaming news site. No further articles will be published on the front page.
The forum and news website will remain online until 28 February, after which both will be shut down.
It was not an easy decision to come to after nine years online, and to everyone who invested so much of their time and passion into this project we can only say thank you:
- To Nic “Tinman” Simmonds, MyGaming’s first editor, who went on to found his own company.
- To James Etherington-Smith, who went to explore the wide world and entrusted the site to me.
- To the full-timers who came through our ranks and went onto bigger things — Quinton Bronkhorst, Derrick Cramer, Kevin Lancaster, Jeremy Proome.
- To Ryan Brothwell and Jamie McKane who helped me grow MyGaming to heights no one imagined: from under 40,000 local unique browsers in March 2016 to nearly 150,000 in July, and then ending the year on a high with over 300,000 unique visitors from South Africa in November 2016.
- To all the part-timers who helped MyGaming be the great source of gaming news and commentary that it was. There are too many of you to name, but it would be remiss not to mention Tarryn van der Byl, Wesley Fick, Marco Cocomello, and Chris Kemp.
And lastly, to you – our readers and dedicated community. Had it not been for you, MyGaming would not have been the great publication it was.
May the Force be with you. Live long and prosper. All your base are belong to us. The cake is a lie. Do a barrel roll. You have died of dysentery. Finish Him!
Or, in the immortal words that cut across all our fandoms:
Game over.Forum discussion