So we already wrote about the ten highest rated games of 2011 according to Metacritic and Gamerankings.
Skyrim, Portal 2 and Batman: Arkham City came out tops, as expected, although there were a couple of missing pieces to the puzzle.
For instance, Battlefield 3 somehow did not crack the top 10, and neither did Modern Warfare 3 which has subsequently gone down in history as the largest entertainment launch of all time.
It’s all very well discussing the best games of the year, but what about those abominable hazards that nobody ever plays?
There were some real stinkers released this year, most of which I am glad to say I avoided, including the ill-fated Duke Nukem Forever which has to go down in gaming history as one of the most disappointing games of all time.
These were the ten worst rated games of 2011 according to Gamerankings.
- Thor: God of Thunder (360, PS3) – 38.61%
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 (360, PS3) – 44.45%
- Mindjack (360) – 45.81%
- Call of Juarez: The Cartel (360, PS3) – 45.94%
- Asphalt 3D (3DS) – 46.41%
- Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime (360) – 47.17%
- Duke Nukem Forever (360, PS3, PC) – 48.52%
- Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale (360, PS3, PC) – 49.20%
- X-Men: Destiny (360, PS3) – 49.34%
- Hyperdimension Deptunia (PS3) – 50.04%
Here are a few more games you should avoid at all costs. Remember, never be fooled by box-art, which can sometimes make low-grade budget garbage resemble something worth picking up on sale.
- Bodycount – 51.28%
- A Game of Thrones: Genesis – 52.94%
- Knight’s Contract – 54.61%
- Transformers: Dark of the Moon – 58.64%