Infinity Ward has released a set of system requirements for the upcoming Call of Duty: Ghosts, which amends a certain detail from the specs that Nvidia released previously.
The key difference is that Nvidia reported that the game required a massive 50GB of hard-disk space, but Infinity Ward has rectified it, saying that it only requires 40GB.
Minimum System Requirements
- OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit.
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better.
- Memory: 6GB RAM.
- Hard Disk Space: 40GB.
- Video: Nvidia GeForce GTS 450 / ATI Radeon HD 5870 or better.
- Sound: DirectX compatible sound card.
- DirectX: DirectX 11.
- Internet: Broadband Internet connection for Steam and Online Multiplayer.
Ghosts Executive Producer Mark Rubin previously announced that the game will feature dedicated servers.
For the setting, Ghosts will be slightly different from other iterations in the series, taking a fictional post-catastrophe setting that will allow for some unique weapons, locations and set-pieces that the series has become known for.
The multiplayer will once again rope in millions of players who are likely already getting their trigger fingers ready and arguing about the best loadout.
Interestingly, Infinity Ward reckons their player base aren’t exactly “hardcore” gamers.
Call of Duty: Ghosts will launch on PC, PS3, Wii U, and Xbox 360 on 5 November 2013, Xbox One on 22 November, and PS4 on 29 November.