Double Helix, developer of Xbox One’s exclusive fighting game Killer Instinct, has unveiled plans to punish all those damn quitters.
Imagine the scenario: you’re laying the smack down on some noob and are just about to clinch victory, when all of a sudden they drop from the game, cruelly denying you glory and gameplay stats. The classic rage-quit.
The solution? Send the quitter to a special digital “Jail” where they can play with all the other quitters, forever trapped to a torment of half-arsed and incomplete battles as they ritualistically quit on one another.
This is how the quitting punishment system works:
- The first time your disconnect percentage goes above 15 percent you go to JAIL.
- A 10 match minimum is required.
- JAIL lasts for 24 hours. During this time you can only be matched against other JAIL members.
- Each time you go to JAIL the amount of time increases by 24 hours (capped at 5 days – 120 hrs).
- While in JAIL your profile icon will be automatically changed to a custom JAIL icon to let you know you are in JAIL.
- When your JAIL time is up, you go back into the public again (even if your disconnect percentage is back over 15%).
- However, when back in public, if you disconnect and you are still above 15 percentage you go directly back to JAIL.
- For any match that sends you to JAIL, player will take a loss.
What do you think of this system? Should we see something similar implemented in other online multiplayer games? Let us know your thoughts on the comments.