Sapphire has launched AMD Radeon RX graphics cards aimed at cryptocurrency miners.
This follows a global shortage of mid-to-high-end graphics cards due to the recent cryptocurrency mining boom.
Sapphire’s new Mining Edition Radeon RX cards are available with either 4GB or 8GB of memory, and users can purchase more expensive models with Samsung memory – which is slightly more efficient at mining cryptocurrency.
The cards feature reduced power consumption and no display outputs, as they do not need to be connected to a display.
Sapphire’s new Mining Edition cards are available to pre-order from OverclockersUK for:
- Sapphire Radeon RX 470 Mining Edition 8GB (Samsung) – £300
- Sapphire Radeon RX 470 Mining Edition 8GB – £290
- Sapphire Radeon RX 470 Mining Edition 4GB (Samsung) – £260
- Sapphire Radeon RX 470 Mining Edition 4GB – £249
- Sapphire Radeon RX 560 Mining Edition 4GB – £170
There is currently no South African pricing or launch date information.
This article first appeared on MyBroadband and is republished with permission.Forum discussion