A thread erupted over on NeoGAF yesterday, supposedly containing loads of leaked information about Microsoft’s plans for the Xbox One, from a leaker that is being claimed as “verified” by the NeoGAF community.
Games, launch dates, Halo – it’s all happening!
Now, this being a NeoGAF leak thread means we should take everything with a pinch of salt and regard it all as firmly entrenched in rumour territory.
However, NeoGAF is also notorious for being a stomping ground for industry insiders who like to share – aside from the notion that we are being used to drum up some free marketing or pilot ideas with controlled “leaks”, this is all interesting stuff that isn’t too far fetched.
Among the leaks is a list of dates for second and third wave Xbox One roll-out countries – including South Africa which is pegged for an October 2014 launch. This ties into earlier speculation and rumour on the launch date of Xbox One in SA.
- South Korea
- Hong Kong
- Czech Repub
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- United Allied Emirates
Based on this list, while it might seem strange that the second wave of roll-out is nearly upon us and Microsoft hasn’t said anything about it, they have also been burning their fingers in the PR fires so they may just be erring on the side of caution until absolutely sure.
Below is a compilation of all the other rumours flying around NeoGaf.
Xbox One games in the pipe
- Halo 2 Anniversary Edition (November 2014).
- “Will be 1080p, iffy on the 60fps, maybe not.”
- Multiplayer confirmed for HA2, same devs as Halo Anniversary.
- Includes beta for Halo 5.
- Collectors Edition includes Halo 5 beta access and the Halo series (not the Blomkamp one).
- War Collection with the above, as well as ports of Halo 3 & 4 for Xbox One.
- Halo 3 port (2014)
- Halo 4 port (2014)
- Halo 5 (2015) with beta access planned
- Sunset Overdrive (mid 2014)
- Sunset Overdrive is set in some weird future (like 2020)
- Everyone drinks this drink, Overcharge XT or whatever, and you either turn into one of these giganto monsters or you die.
- This big corp (Microsoft, lol) takes control of the city trying to wipe this **** out, because its their drink and they ****ed up.
- Supposedly there is managed content that will be developed for an entire year, as it is an open/breathable world.
- Quantum Break (mid 2014)
- Forza Horizon 2 (September 2014)
- “Super sexy weather system and… tons of co-op/social stuff. 1080P and open-world, so you can road trip with your bros.”
- Fable Legends (2015)
- Crackdown 3 (2016)
- No Fable Anniversary for Xbox One
- White Xbox One in the works. Will include Sunset Overdrive and a fancy ass controller in October 2014.
- Limited edition 1TB Xbox One in November.
- $399 Xbox One in 2014? “Maybe one without an Optical Disc Drive.”
So, what do you make of the rumours above? Let us know in the comments.